POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster : Re: Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:45:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster
From: space cadet
Date: 6 Jul 2006 10:25:01
Message: <web.44ad1c97c5255a8ec052e9200@news.povray.org>
> space_cadet wrote:
> > What is my problem?
>
> POV-Ray for Mac is *not* a command-line program and hence it won't run when
> started from a terminal. If you want a command-line version, you need to get
> the Unix sources and compile them on Mac OS X (after installing the
> developer tools, which Apple supplied with every copy of Mac OS X).
>
>  Thorsten

Thank you.  You know that occurred to me last night as I contemplated the
ceiling above my bed.  I realized I was trying to run a highly GUI'd
program with no place for the GUI, neither the G nor the I, just the U. :)

I'll try to home build.  Hopefully it will go as smoothly as my home build
of povray on our 64-bit titanium cluster.

Fortunately, the problems with our Linux cluster got resolved, so I'm back
in business anyway. But it will be great to have a whole 'nother cluster to
use in the future.

thanks again.