POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Website Update - How Often : Re: IRTC Website Update - How Often Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Website Update - How Often
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 3 May 2006 12:30:01
Message: <web.4458d9d1ecaca1695a8888d90@news.povray.org>
Hi Kyle,

As you may have noticed, I was the last person to post this sort of inquiry.
Here's what I have learned:  Your basic perception is pretty much correct.
New stuff usually appears just after the first weekend following a contest
session's end.  I'm guessing this is because the hardworking volunteers who
run the site have real jobs and/or real lives that occupy their time in the
interim. Mr. Norbert Kern was kind enough to supply a link to a message
file that is usually one of the first places to find out the new topic:

( http://irtc.org/ftp/.message )

Nothing there as of this posting.  Also, you can sign up for an announcement
mailing list on the IRTC site which often will disclose the new topic a bit
before the main site is updated. Nothing there yet either.

Welcome to the wonderful world of POV/IRTC. The vast majority of folks that
you'll encounter here are helpful and friendly.  Although I managed to get
entries into the last few rounds, I didn't really like any of the "Music"
ideas that worked on this time around, so I've decided to remain a
spectator/commentator for this round rather than submit what I consider to
be a substandard image.

I look forward to seeing your entry and to having you as a member of the
community.

Happy Ray Tracing,
Mike C.