POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : UNIX Ignorance : Re: UNIX Ignorance Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:43:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UNIX Ignorance
From: Russell Towle
Date: 29 Apr 2006 17:00:01
Message: <web.4453d2df831086c739b2bf190@news.povray.org>
> > I nver saw "usr". But if it is preceded by a period, even "ls" would not
> > show it, right?
>
> Yes, you need to use ls -a to list hidden files & directories in the current
> directory. And all hidden files have a period as the first character of
> their name. But the system /usr directory shouldn't be hidden, AFAIK.

I see, thank you very much.

The thing of it is, POV UNIX works fine for me. I was just a little ...
shocked ... that this "usr" folder was hideen from me in Mac OSX. Now I
discover one can actually see the "usr" directory in the Mac "Finder," if
one uses menu "Go," and chooses "To Folder."

If I had know it was already there, my install of UNIX POV would have been,
well, smoother.

Thanks to all for good advice.

POV is wonderful. So many people have worked so hard to make it what it is.
It makes quite a story.

RT