POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : autobahn [107K] : Re: autobahn [107K] Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:52:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: autobahn [107K]
From: Loki
Date: 29 Apr 2005 06:10:01
Message: <web.42720774ac0e29cf98a9285c0@news.povray.org>
It's a sweet pic, no doubt about it.

A point on composition though.  The symmetry of the road, signs and so on is
very eyecatching.  The use of converging lines in film is common, to draw
the eye to the point of interest.  My only criticism here is that there is
nothing at the convergence in this pic - the eye is being drawn to an empty
point in the distance, which is a distraction from the nice detail in the
foreground.  Unless you plan to put something in the deep background where
the perspective converges I'd suggest moving the camera to destroy the
symmetry, allowing more focus on the detail - perhaps lower and off-centre
to give a closer view of a car.  You could maybe place the camera on the
left carriageway say, and place a car in the right-hand-lane of it (as we
look at the scene) so that the strong lines of the central reservation are
obscured a little by it.

Anyway, that's my only gripe; it's an excellent pic all the same.  Great
work!

-