POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Driving povray using Xcode : Re: Driving povray using Xcode Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving povray using Xcode
From: Dan Hawkins
Date: 5 Sep 2004 04:00:01
Message: <web.413ac6fe3889687c503d78e90@news.povray.org>
"GoochRules!" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I've been using the POV-Ray Mac 3.6 carbon app for about a month now and
> find it very useful... but I also find it to be quirky.  So, what I would
> like to do is perhaps use Xcode as an GUI environment around povray from
> fink.
>
> Has anyone else done this already?  Any tips/hints/things to watch out for?

I have compiled POVRAY in XCODE with a native COCOA rendering preview window
and COCOA option selection for my own personal use, and it is a
considerable undertaking. On the other hand, if you just want a "wrapper"
type user interface to run a command line version of POVRAY, the
AMshellwrapper  objective-c class from Andreas Mayer works very well for
this.
 (http://www.harmless.decocoa.html#shellwrapper)

Dan Hawkins