POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : TesselSphere-1.1.0-rc2 : Re: TesselSphere-1.1.0-rc2 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:55:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TesselSphere-1.1.0-rc2
From: Nicholas Shea
Date: 14 Jan 2004 07:50:01
Message: <web.400539775a938e449ac4c41d0@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller wrote:
>Okay, looks like it is running okay under Win XP SP1.
>
>So now I have to read the usage notes - when I exported a scene to POV and
>tried to render it, I got the following error. Guess essel produces
>includes, not povs?? Will check on that, but if you have a template scene
>that will work with the default export files, please let me know.
>Thanks much
>Dennis

This was fixed in TesselSphere-1.1.0-rc5 which was uploaded on 13th Jan.
Sorry about that. The cell export bug was introduced after updating the
morph code but it seems to be working fine now. I have tested several inc
files from various TesselSphere morphs including split Delaunay /Voronoi
hulls as well as separated cells and get perfect renders.

The inc files TesselSphere produces are designed to be used with macros.
This means you can include several inc files in one POV and just use the
same macro interface to render the indexed cell data. Whenever an inc file
is included the _ts globals are reset for that inc file. You can write your
own macros to create splines, blobs or whatever you like. (Thats how I
created the work in my Galleries)

I will post some example macros of how to access the _ts globals on my
website soon. Eventually, these will be included in a samples folder when
TesselSphere is released.

By-the-way, what OS are you running TesselSphere on?

Nicholas