POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.5 Blurred Reflection : Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection Server Time
27 Sep 2024 19:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection
From: Ron Parker
Date: 17 Oct 2001 16:36:43
Message: <slrn9srqus.e3o.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:34:36 +0200, JRG wrote:
>"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:slr### [at] fwicom...

>> >Didn't someone ask about brushed/machined metal textures?
>> >Let's see some :)
>>
>> Well, the downside of this is that it requires antialiasing for the whole
>> scene.  In my case, I rendered with +a0.0 +am2 +r5, which takes forever
>> even for that size image even on an Athlon 1.4GHz.
>
>...which too bad does not make it likely to be used in *real* scenes :-(

Here's another one, with slightly less blurring because I rendered it on
my P200 rather than my Athlon.  It's notable for the jaggy lines in the
checkerboard floor...

Rendered with a development build of 3.5, but with a custom patch.  Whether
that patch makes it into 3.5 or into the next MegaPOV is something I need to
discuss with some people.  Render time was 4:32, which isn't bad for a P200.
The cylinder was supersampled 25 times per ray (vs. 1089 for the images I
posted before.)

So what's so special about this patch compared to the old reflection blur?
Well, let's just say it's not limited to reflection, shall we?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'jb.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'jb.jpg'