POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.5 Blurred Reflection : Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection Server Time
27 Sep 2024 19:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection
From: Ron Parker
Date: 17 Oct 2001 13:41:10
Message: <slrn9srglc.cb8.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:42:19 +0300, Kari Kivisalo wrote:
>Trevor Quayle wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean like this?
>
>Yes. Another key step towards realism :) I had plans to try
>this with multiple averaged bumps at different base frequencies
>but never got around calculating the required contributions
>and scale factors.

Besides blurred transmission, there's another cool benefit to this method:
anisotropic blurring.

The first picture has no blurring.
The second picture has isotropic blurring.
The third picture has anisotropic blurring; the bumps are much taller than
they are wide.  In a way, the cylinder has lots of vertical microscratches.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blur-none.jpg' (51 KB) Download 'blur-isotropic.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'blur-anisotropic.jpg' (38 KB)

Preview of image 'blur-none.jpg'
blur-none.jpg

Preview of image 'blur-isotropic.jpg'
blur-isotropic.jpg