POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : how to compile and run .pov through console Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:48:40 EDT (-0400)
  how to compile and run .pov through console (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Saket
Subject: how to compile and run .pov through console
Date: 3 Oct 2013 03:25:01
Message: <web.524d1bbf39cd21085e3891c60@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I am using Pov-Ray in Windows plateform as (Windows8).

I need to compile and run my "test.pov" file through console (i.e. cmd). I had
gone through the documentation entitled "Command Line Options" but I didn't got
the necessary steps as :

1. To start Pov-Ray Engine from console.
2. To setup the requirement for rendering window (via .INI) from console.
3. To compile and run the ".pov" again from console application (or cmd) in
Windows.

I will be greatly thankfull to you with for the kind reply.

Post a reply to this message

> I am using Pov-Ray in Windows plateform as (Windows8).
>
> I need to compile and run my "test.pov" file through console (i.e. cmd). I had
> gone through the documentation entitled "Command Line Options" but I didn't got
> the necessary steps as :
>
> 1. To start Pov-Ray Engine from console.
> 2. To setup the requirement for rendering window (via .INI) from console.
> 3. To compile and run the ".pov" again from console application (or cmd) in
> Windows.
>
> I will be greatly thankfull to you with for the kind reply.

The .POV file is not compiled but interpreted.

 From the console or command line, you only need a line with pvengine.exe.
In this case, it's normaly followed by the .INI file that will set the
.POV file to render and the required options, or simply with the part
and name of the .POV file and some settings as the desired resolution
and AA settings.

The Windows version of POV-Ray will always display the editor. There is
NO switch to prevent that.

If you don't want the editor/GUI to be present, you should get the
Unix/Limux version and compile it yourself.

Post a reply to this message