POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Cannot find INI file Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Cannot find INI file (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: R G
Subject: Cannot find INI file
Date: 5 Jul 2012 07:55:01
Message: <web.4ff57fd2363bb61d6a57af450@news.povray.org>
I am using Povray via the command line from my Euler (euler.rene-grothmann.de)
program. The command line is the following

pvengine.exe /NR /EXIT +H450 +W450 +FN24 +A -D /RENDER
"c:\Users\Rene\Euler\current.pov"

"pvengine.exe" is in the path. The command is called with CreateProcess. This
works well in Windows 7. It renders the file and, since I set the current
directory properly, I can find the PNG output.

However, it does not work in Windows XP. The Povray program opens and does
nothing. If I open the pov file there, and try to run it it says INI file not
found. If I try to run this from a command line, it says INI file not found
right away. If I open Povray with the provided Windows icon and load the file,
it works.

So how can I direct Povray with a command line to find the INI files?

Thanks for assistance,

R.G.

Post a reply to this message