POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Temporary file output Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:55:00 EDT (-0400)
  Temporary file output (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Calvin
Subject: Temporary file output
Date: 23 Nov 2010 19:40:01
Message: <web.4cec5da140e2b5bdb261b2d30@news.povray.org>
Hey kids,

Is data from a render in progress stored anywhere on the filesystem? I have been
running a large format (10k by 8k pixels) render for about 2.5 days, and I kind
of need to restart my system. I can figure out how to set options up to
partially render the scene on resuming, but I want to save the current render
progress that I've made. If I can find a temp file that would be outstanding.
I'm using Povwin 3.7 beta 39

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?

Cheers!

Post a reply to this message

> Is data from a render in progress stored anywhere on the filesystem? I have been
> running a large format (10k by 8k pixels) render for about 2.5 days, and I kind
> of need to restart my system. I can figure out how to set options up to
> partially render the scene on resuming, but I want to save the current render
> progress that I've made. If I can find a temp file that would be outstanding.
> I'm using Povwin 3.7 beta 39
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?
>
> Cheers!

When you need to restart a render, you only need to add  "+c"  on the
command line next to the resolution list. Did'nt change for quite some
time, and it now support radiosity without any problem as opposed to the
way versions 3.6 and earlier did. You can even continue a render after
an update from a version to the next, or even after reinstalling windows...

The current progress is automaticaly saved. It's in the *.pov-state file.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > Is data from a render in progress stored anywhere on the filesystem? I have been
> > running a large format (10k by 8k pixels) render for about 2.5 days, and I kind
> > of need to restart my system. I can figure out how to set options up to
> > partially render the scene on resuming, but I want to save the current render
> > progress that I've made. If I can find a temp file that would be outstanding.
> > I'm using Povwin 3.7 beta 39
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >

> When you need to restart a render, you only need to add  "+c"  on the
> command line next to the resolution list. Did'nt change for quite some
> time, and it now support radiosity without any problem as opposed to the
> way versions 3.6 and earlier did. You can even continue a render after
> an update from a version to the next, or even after reinstalling windows...
>
> The current progress is automaticaly saved. It's in the *.pov-state file.
>

> Alain

Oh, that is *exactly* what I needed. Thank you so much Alain!!