POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Advantages Of Optimized SSE 4.X compile? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:53:42 EDT (-0400)
  Advantages Of Optimized SSE 4.X compile? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: rgathright
Subject: Advantages Of Optimized SSE 4.X compile?
Date: 19 Oct 2010 21:10:00
Message: <web.4cbe3fdfafcd80dd1c5ddb040@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I am currently rendering a 1080P mandelbulb animation with a small computer
cluster of AMD 1090T, AMD 965 and a few Intel Core 2 Duo processors.  The
production rate is about 25 frames per day total and I would like to find a way
to decrease render times.

What kind of gains would I get if I used the Intel Compiler to create an SSE 4.X
binary specific for each of my processors?

Thanks!

P.S. Of course, I would appreciate any Windows binaries you could send my way.
The work is being to submit to YouTube and I have no commercial interests in
this project.

Post a reply to this message