POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : problems with 3.6 for windows 7 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 18:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  problems with 3.6 for windows 7 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ruediger
Subject: problems with 3.6 for windows 7
Date: 17 Nov 2009 23:35:00
Message: <web.4b0378c76a27e2f49c63c0ba0@news.povray.org>
Good morning,

first of all forgive me if this question has been asked by someone else before,
i just could not find something about this.

Anyway, when i install the 64bit version of 3.6 under Windows 7 home premium 64,
the default location is something like
c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\pov-ray\v3.6
(i am installing as administrator account).

However, i rather prefer to install the program somewhere at c:\program
files\pov-ray\v3.6 and it should be available to all users.

when i try to use this directory during installing dialog i get an errormessage
(1023) telling me, that there are no sufficient rights to install the program
there. However, i am logged in with admin rights and other programs i can
install without problems.

Does anybody know how to work around?

Post a reply to this message

> first of all forgive me if this question has been asked by someone else before,
> i just could not find something about this.
>
> Anyway, when i install the 64bit version of 3.6 under Windows 7 home premium 64,
> the default location is something like
> c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\pov-ray\v3.6
> (i am installing as administrator account).
>
> However, i rather prefer to install the program somewhere at c:\program
> files\pov-ray\v3.6 and it should be available to all users.
>
> when i try to use this directory during installing dialog i get an errormessage
> (1023) telling me, that there are no sufficient rights to install the program
> there. However, i am logged in with admin rights and other programs i can
> install without problems.
>
> Does anybody know how to work around?

For the 32 bit version, I turn off UAC while installing the beta. A bit
of a pain as you have to reboot again when you switch it back on.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen