POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : error message when installing Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:08:34 EDT (-0400)
  error message when installing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Soph
Subject: error message when installing
Date: 1 Aug 2009 00:00:00
Message: <web.4a73bcc0423cb3a81fe11b960@news.povray.org>
I am trying to install povray 64bit for windows XP I get the error message "
This installation is not supported by this processor. Contact your product
vendor."

I get the same message when trying to install it for Vista as well. Anyone know
how to fix this? Or had  a similar problem?

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to install povray 64bit for windows XP I get the error message "
> This installation is not supported by this processor. Contact your product
> vendor."
>
> I get the same message when trying to install it for Vista as well. Anyone know
> how to fix this? Or had  a similar problem?

You do not have a 64 bit Windows installed, so you cannot run 64 bit
applications. You must use the 32 bit version on a 32 bit operating system!

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to install povray 64bit for windows XP I get the error message "
> This installation is not supported by this processor. Contact your product
> vendor."
>
> I get the same message when trying to install it for Vista as well. Anyone know
> how to fix this? Or had  a similar problem?

What processor do you have, and exactly what edition of XP and Vista,
respectively?

Post a reply to this message