POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : redirecting messages to standard output Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  redirecting messages to standard output (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: clipka
Subject: redirecting messages to standard output
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:22:10
Message: <4b05ef42$1@news.povray.org>
Does someone know how to have the Windows version of POV-Ray output its
messages to standard output?

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: redirecting messages to standard output
Date: 20 Nov 2009 14:30:28
Message: <4b06ee54$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Does someone know how to have the Windows version of POV-Ray output its
> messages to standard output?

Do you mean the content of the messages window of the Windows GUI?
I don't think you can redirect that. The povconsole.exe in 3.7 is
probably what you need, but I never tried it.

... off to build it ...

Hmm got strange dependencies of povcore on povwin::win_free
which is obviously not available in in povconsole. Not sure
what the current status of povconsole is anyway, though.
$(BOOSTROOT) wasn't set in the project settings either.