POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux Mint Install Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:00:50 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Mint Install (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Linux Mint Install
Date: 20 Jun 2020 21:10:00
Message: <web.5eeeb273f6356d0dfb0b41570@news.povray.org>
New laptop.
Crowbarred my way free of Win 10, repartitioned, installed Mint, fixed stupid
wireless connection problem.

Want to install qtpovray, hgpovray38, but need povray proper.
website instructions and github readme instructions are different.

Installed all of prereq packages
made it through ./configure....

Alienware povray-3.7-stable # make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Alienware povray-3.7-stable # ls
aclocal.m4    configure     INSTALL         povray.conf    tools
appveyor.yml  configure.ac  kde_install.sh  povray.ini.in  unix
AUTHORS       COPYING       libraries       README         VERSION
bootstrap     distribution  LICENSE         README.md      vfe
ChangeLog     doc           Makefile.am     revision.txt   windows
changes.txt   icons         Makefile.in     scenes
config.h.in   include       NEWS            scripts
config.log    ini           povray.1        source
Alienware povray-3.7-stable # man make
Alienware povray-3.7-stable # makefile -f Makefile.am
makefile: command not found
Alienware povray-3.7-stable # make -f Makefile.am
make: *** No rule to make target 'all', needed by 'check'.  Stop.
Alienware povray-3.7-stable # make -f Makefile.in
Makefile.in:15: *** missing separator.  Stop.
Alienware povray-3.7-stable #

:(
Any recommendations?

sudo apt-get install povray would be SO nice....

Post a reply to this message