POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installation problem in povray subdivision on server. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Installation problem in povray subdivision on server. (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Installation problem in povray subdivision on server.
Date: 3 Aug 2014 10:22:31
Message: <53de45a7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.08.2014 13:46, schrieb Suman:
> i did not notice any error during installation.
> i am using exec command for image generation online.
>
> exec("/usr/local/bin/povray ...");
> and no error is showing.

You should definitely try running the subdivision patch from the command
line first, before trying to call it from another program.

Are you sure /usr/local/bin is where POV-Ray/subdivision installed
itself? Maybe it's some other previous install of official POV-Ray
that's residing there, and POV-Ray/subdivision is located somewhere else.

But to figure that out you definitely have to call it from a
command-line shell.

Post a reply to this message

>> i did not notice any error during installation.
>> i am using exec command for image generation online.
>>
>> exec("/usr/local/bin/povray ...");
>> and no error is showing.
>
> You should definitely try running the subdivision patch from the command
> line first, before trying to call it from another program.
>
> Are you sure /usr/local/bin is where POV-Ray/subdivision installed
> itself? Maybe it's some other previous install of official POV-Ray
> that's residing there, and POV-Ray/subdivision is located somewhere else.
>
> But to figure that out you definitely have to call it from a
> command-line shell.

lol ... yeah i guess my hint(s) was too vague