POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : How to download source from GitHub? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  How to download source from GitHub? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: How to download source from GitHub?
Date: 30 Nov 2013 00:35:01
Message: <web.529978bfe58203e4306548240@news.povray.org>
I can't figure out how GitHub works.

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: How to download source from GitHub?
Date: 30 Nov 2013 01:30:01
Message: <web.529984dd680221957a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I can't figure out how GitHub works.

http://yadi.sk/d/xOuxcMtTDYdz3

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Nov 2013 01:45:00
Message: <web.5299893a68022195306548240@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > I can't figure out how GitHub works.
>
> http://yadi.sk/d/xOuxcMtTDYdz3

Oh.  I guess my mistake was going into the unix directory and looking there for
a download.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 30 Nov 2013 03:53:27
Message: <5299a787$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.11.2013 06:33, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> I can't figure out how GitHub works.

There is, as always, more than one way to skin a cat.

One way is to use a Git client. See James Holsenback's post titled
"Pulling 3.7 source from GitHub".

LanaHum's suggestion will let you do essentially the same, except that
you get a ZIP package and don't need a Git client.

Both of these solutions will get you the newest version of the selected
branch: "master" for the latest greatest but least tested and hence most
buggy stuff, "3.7-stable" for stuff the dev team considers well-enough
tested.

The third alternative is to download an official release; above the
multi-colored horizontal bar, click on "1 release", or use the following
link:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases

I guess that's more akin to what you were looking for :-)