POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray returns strange version number Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:00:18 EDT (-0400)
  povray returns strange version number (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gooksl
Subject: povray returns strange version number
Date: 13 Nov 2012 09:15:01
Message: <web.50a2552b658a955de160c1420@news.povray.org>
I installed 3.6.1 from the unix sources on my mac (10.8.2).
Configure, make (without x) and install went more or less fine. However, when
running it fails on many inclusions with the following message:

Parse Error: Macros require #version 3.1 or later but #version feb851ec.-48 is
 set.

I did a deep search but I could not locate where this weird version is set. Any
idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> I installed 3.6.1 from the unix sources on my mac (10.8.2).
> Configure, make (without x) and install went more or less fine. However, when
> running it fails on many inclusions with the following message:
>
> Parse Error: Macros require #version 3.1 or later but #version feb851ec.-48 is
>   set.
>
> I did a deep search but I could not locate where this weird version is set. Any
> idea how to solve this?

Yes: Try POV-Ray 3.7 ;-)

Seriously, it might be much less trouble than trying to figure out
what's wrong with the 3.6.1.