POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Building for Profiling Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Building for Profiling (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tom M
Subject: Building for Profiling
Date: 12 Jun 2012 12:15:00
Message: <web.4fd769e5ee47b24fed1c03580@news.povray.org>
Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to get povray to build properly for profiling.  I've passed
CXXFLAGS=-pg LDFLAGS=-pg
to the configure script.  When I run povray, gmon.out is created, but when I run
gprof, i get this:

$ gprof ./unix/povray
gprof: file `./unix/povray' has no symbols

objdump -W ./unix/povray

does have a ton of output, so i think it does have symbols.

I'm using 3.7RC5

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks,
Tom

Post a reply to this message

Le 12/06/2012 18:10, Tom M nous fit lire :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I can't seem to get povray to build properly for profiling.  I've passed
> CXXFLAGS=-pg LDFLAGS=-pg
> to the configure script.  When I run povray, gmon.out is created, but when I run
> gprof, i get this:
>
> $ gprof ./unix/povray
> gprof: file `./unix/povray' has no symbols
>
> objdump -W ./unix/povray
>
> does have a ton of output, so i think it does have symbols.
>

> I'm using 3.7RC5
>
> Has anyone had any luck with this?

you have to get ride of the -s in the compilation flag: try
--enable-debug on ./configure

or ...

Have you tried --enable-profile ? (nah, too simple)