POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : O. k., I finally made it! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  O. k., I finally made it! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: O. k., I finally made it!
Date: 9 Nov 2011 22:07:55
Message: <4ebb400b@news.povray.org>
High!

After already having deleted the unpacked source files, I gave it a last
try... and this time, I really installed ALL boost packages before (and
the system partition is still far from flowing over)! Compiling, make
check and make install worked (almost, a few warnings were displayed)
perfectly, also the test render...

And I thought I was once more the hopeless ever-ignorant Windozed
consumer sheep (baaaaaaah!)...

Now I just wonder where is the display mode switch...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Congratulations!  Now you get to find out if your computer's cooling system
really works.  ;)  I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:07:46 +0100, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:

> High!
>
> After already having deleted the unpacked source files, I gave it a last
> try... and this time, I really installed ALL boost packages before (and
> the system partition is still far from flowing over)! Compiling, make
> check and make install worked (almost, a few warnings were displayed)
> perfectly, also the test render...
>
> And I thought I was once more the hopeless ever-ignorant Windozed
> consumer sheep (baaaaaaah!)...
>
> Now I just wonder where is the display mode switch...

Well done! :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
>
> After already having deleted the unpacked source files, I gave it a last
> try... and this time, I really installed ALL boost packages before (and
> the system partition is still far from flowing over)! Compiling, make
> check and make install worked (almost, a few warnings were displayed)
> perfectly, also the test render...
>
> And I thought I was once more the hopeless ever-ignorant Windozed
> consumer sheep (baaaaaaah!)...
>
> Now I just wonder where is the display mode switch...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Welcome to the club. It's easiest to install under Linux. BSD still requires
some tweaking to compile.

Post a reply to this message