POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray: what controls the specular size? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:43:52 EDT (-0400)
  Poseray: what controls the specular size? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Poseray: what controls the specular size?
Date: 18 Jul 2007 05:57:40
Message: <469de414@news.povray.org>
This is a question of general interest I think.

I have a couple of objects (coming originally from Daz3D) of which the
materials' specular sizes are translated to 100 in Poseray, and from there
to roughness values of 0.2xxx in POV-Ray, even after I have modified the
materials, both in Poser and in Silo. The high roughness makes the materials
look washed out.

I have been looking into the parameters in all the applications, but I
cannot discover what exactly triggers this anomalously high setting.

Any idea?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message