POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ?? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ?? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: LuckyLook
Subject: Returning to povray... what's that newsgroup, a miracle ??
Date: 8 Dec 2004 18:52:33
Message: <41b793c1@news.povray.org>
Hi, people !!

I've been playing with povray for a long time, a few years ago. But then I
discovered poser and... damn... I got addicted.
I made some experiments with poseray but at that time it was far less
powerful and it was not easy to get a good povray render without playing
with subdividing in other proggies... and I'd better not talk about the
texture problems. And what do I see now ??? An improved poseray, a newsgroup
about poser/povray (not very active yet, but that's a start), people
interested in it ??? Me likes !

For those wondering, I have a gallery at renderosity... mostly made of naked
ladies (poser clothing is expensive, less than real female clothing but
still expensive), and some povray renders... and... well... my interest in
povray now is just using it as an external renderer for poser.

Let's jump in, and viva poser and Povray united !!!!

Post a reply to this message

"LuckyLook" <zed### [at] kwfmediacom> wrote in message
> Hi, people !!
>
> I've been playing with povray for a long time, a few years ago. But then I
> discovered poser and... damn... I got addicted.

My addiction 20% Poser, 80% POV.  :-)

> I made some experiments with poseray but at that time it was far less
> powerful and it was not easy to get a good povray render without playing
> with subdividing in other proggies... and I'd better not talk about the
> texture problems. And what do I see now ??? An improved poseray, a
> newsgroup
> about poser/povray (not very active yet, but that's a start), people
> interested in it ??? Me likes !

PoseRay now does subdividing as well.  I'm not sure how I could live without
it (actually, I simply complained a lot).  Integrating Poser models into
POV-Ray still has issues, but I can't believe how far it has come in the
last couple years.  Getting converting from Poser OBJ's and then converting
into POV-Ray used to be a real pain.  Now it's often just a few clicks.

> For those wondering, I have a gallery at renderosity... mostly made of
> naked
> ladies (poser clothing is expensive, less than real female clothing but
> still expensive), and some povray renders... and... well... my interest in
> povray now is just using it as an external renderer for poser.

I checked it out.  There are some very nice pics there.  I especially liked
"Feeling Hot" and "Feeling Blue" (nice textures/bump-maps).

> Let's jump in, and viva poser and Povray united !!!!

:-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

Post a reply to this message

I could kinda repeat your story on POV. I used it for years, but eventually
put it aside.
Now budget situation has changed and I decided to purchase Poser (5).
Hearing that that there is active support for Poser=>POV makes it even more
interesting.

Can't wait for the Poser box to arrive...

Frans

"LuckyLook" <zed### [at] kwfmediacom> schreef in bericht