POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Re: Poseray ... no pose Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poseray ... no pose (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Poseray ... no pose
Date: 24 Jun 2004 12:29:03
Message: <40db014f$1@news.povray.org>

news:40dafeb8@news.povray.org...

> I use Poser5 to create a sitting person. I use the Poser5 nude man. I
append
> some clothes and export it as a.obj. file. If I open this .obj file in
> Poseray, the person lost his sitting pose. The Person has the standard
pose
> of Poser.

Unless something really goes wrong in your copy of Poser, it's more likely
that the obj file you opened in Poseray isn't the same that you thought you
exported (which is copied somewhere else). Do the date/hour of the obj file
and of the pz3 file match? That sort of problem certainly happened to me
before.

G.

--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message

> > I use Poser5 to create a sitting person. I use the Poser5 nude man. I
> append
> > some clothes and export it as a.obj. file. If I open this .obj file in
> > Poseray, the person lost his sitting pose. The Person has the standard
> pose
> > of Poser.
>
> Unless something really goes wrong in your copy of Poser, it's more likely
> that the obj file you opened in Poseray isn't the same that you thought
you
> exported (which is copied somewhere else). Do the date/hour of the obj
file
> and of the pz3 file match? That sort of problem certainly happened to me
> before.

Or (as I have done), you may have exported frame 1 instead of, say, frame 30
if you posed the person in frame 30.

I've done that a couple of times when working with dynamic cloth.  I run the
simulation, and then export frame 1.  Oops.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

Post a reply to this message