POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser Hair Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:02:46 EDT (-0400)
  Poser Hair (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Poser Hair
Date: 28 Oct 2004 13:19:45
Message: <2ha2o051jhgaltf3qe2bij0ikqor5a5c8h@4ax.com>
I am sure I read that poser hair is not usable with Povray because it
just outputs guide hairs. Well I have had a thought or two and I would
like to experiment but as I've just started to use Poser 5 I cannot
design straight hair.
Can anyone give me some pointers, please?

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Stephen McAvoy" <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I am sure I read that poser hair is not usable with Povray because it
> just outputs guide hairs.

The dynamic hair that comes with P-5 doesn't work well with POV-Ray, but
I've had good luck with the hair from Mr. Maya's website.  Possible that
anything that isn't dynamic hair might work well.

Greybeard

Post a reply to this message

> I am sure I read that poser hair is not usable with Povray because it
> just outputs guide hairs. Well I have had a thought or two and I would
> like to experiment but as I've just started to use Poser 5 I cannot
> design straight hair.
> Can anyone give me some pointers, please?

Do you mean sculpting straight-looking dynamic hair or designing regular,
mesh-based, non dynamic hair ?

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com