POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Adding POV-Ray to http://www.blender.org/download/external-renderers/ Server Time
16 Apr 2024 04:53:38 EDT (-0400)
  Adding POV-Ray to http://www.blender.org/download/external-renderers/ (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Adding POV-Ray to http://www.blender.org/download/external-renderers/
Date: 24 Mar 2014 15:15:01
Message: <web.5330814093dd6dbd7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I take note of your attachment to POV-Ray booleans as a user and contributor and
> thereby put it as a number one priority on new features request list.
>
> Thanks for your enthusiasm. Please bear with me.

It is difficult for me to understand your code, it is very confused.
Objects used in Boolean operations shouldn't be declared in a scene, but have to
be declared.
Here to you my help:
render.py line 2539

        for data_name, inst in data_ref.items():
            for ob_name, matrix_str in inst:
                use_in_boolean = 0
                for obj in bpy.data.objects:
                    obj_name = "OB" +
string_strip_hyphen(bpy.path.clean_name(obj.name))
                    if obj.type == 'MESH':
                        for mod in obj.modifiers:
                            numberModifiers = 0
                            if mod.type == 'BOOLEAN':
                                numberModifiers += 1
                                mod_obj_name = "OB" +
string_strip_hyphen(bpy.path.clean_name(mod.object.name))
                                if mod_obj_name == ob_name:
                                    use_in_boolean += 1
                            if numberModifiers > 0 and obj_name == ob_name:
                                use_in_boolean += 1
                if use_in_boolean == 0:
                    tabWrite("//----Blender Object Name:%s----\n" % ob_name)
                else: