POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Free 3D Model Websites Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:36:16 EDT (-0400)
  Free 3D Model Websites (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kyle
Subject: Free 3D Model Websites
Date: 26 Mar 2009 07:48:12
Message: <49cb6b7c$1@news.povray.org>
I ran across this list of "60 Excellent Free 3D Model Websites" and
figured it would be a helpful resource to others here too.  There are
many sites listed that I have not run across before.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/60-excellent-free-3d-model-websites/

Gilles Tran's Oyonale site is listed at #29.  It looks like he is now in
the business of making guns.  ;-)

Post a reply to this message

OMG, I'm researching & modelling my ass off to throw together a decent Apollo
lunar lander in Wings 3D, and all the while NASA has a free 3D model site...!

Thanks Kyle!

Post a reply to this message

> I ran across this list of "60 Excellent Free 3D Model Websites" and
> figured it would be a helpful resource to others here too.  There are
> many sites listed that I have not run across before.
>
> http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/60-excellent-free-3d-model-websites/
>
> Gilles Tran's Oyonale site is listed at #29.  It looks like he is now in
> the business of making guns.  ;-)

These are good sites. Another one is http://www.findfiles.net , which is
actually a search engine for files. FindFiles.net is, to my knowledge, the only
search engine which allows you to search for wrl files.