POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Wings 3D | uv mapping | povray Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:36:09 EDT (-0400)
  Wings 3D | uv mapping | povray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nicolas
Subject: Wings 3D | uv mapping | povray
Date: 22 Feb 2006 11:50:59
Message: <43fc9673$1@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,

I really like make things with Wings 3D to export them to povRay, i make
also the uv mapping in Wings but when i export it and i render with povRay,
it results not very beautiful but really ugly. I just can see little parts
of the texture...etc
How can i do to fix it ? It's very unpleasant all the most i've seen
beautiful pictures done like this.

Thanks all,
Nicolas

Post a reply to this message

"Nicolas" <nic### [at] tiscalifr> schreef in bericht
> Hello everybody,
>
> I really like make things with Wings 3D to export them to povRay, i make
> also the uv mapping in Wings but when i export it and i render with
povRay,
> it results not very beautiful but really ugly. I just can see little parts
> of the texture...etc
> How can i do to fix it ? It's very unpleasant all the most i've seen
> beautiful pictures done like this.

What I personnally do, is pass the model first through Poseray to adapt the
uv-mapping to my needs. Then I export to POV-Ray.
But perhaps there are other methods too...

Thomas