POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Pov-Ray and VRML Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Ray and VRML (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: C HARMAN
Subject: Pov-Ray and VRML
Date: 3 Nov 2000 06:53:04
Message: <3a02a720@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,
Just one question: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to export a
Pov-Ray scene to VRML?

Thanks,

Caroline

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Pov-Ray and VRML
Date: 3 Nov 2000 07:15:02
Message: <3a02ac45@news.povray.org>
C_HARMAN <C_H### [at] tinyworldcouk> wrote:
: Just one question: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to export a
: Pov-Ray scene to VRML?

  Nope.

From: TonyV
Date: 3 Nov 2000 17:00:32
Message: <3a033580$1@news.povray.org>
Look in povray.binaries.images

I posted a thread some time ago regarding Povray to VRML that might be of
interest.  It won't create a world that you can walk through exactly - more

With this method, you could  create portals from one point to another within
your pov-generated scene to allow more freedom of movement.  Best of all,
you get to keep all of your pov textures, radiosity & even ISO-stuff!

I've done one POV-to-VRML scene that had 19 different "stations" that would
have been pitifully slow (if not completely useless) if it was modeled in
VRML with the same quality of shape, texture & lighting.

- Tony

"C_HARMAN" <C_H### [at] tinyworldcouk> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> Just one question: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to export a
> Pov-Ray scene to VRML?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Caroline

Post a reply to this message

I have been looking for the thread you mentioned, but I can't find it.
Could you give me some more detail?(Header, where, when etc.), because I am
really interested.

Thanks,

Caroline.

TonyV <tjv### [at] altavistacom> wrote in message
> Look in povray.binaries.images
>
> I posted a thread some time ago regarding Povray to VRML that might be of
> interest.  It won't create a world that you can walk through exactly -
more

axis.

> With this method, you could  create portals from one point to another
within
> your pov-generated scene to allow more freedom of movement.  Best of all,
> you get to keep all of your pov textures, radiosity & even ISO-stuff!
>
> I've done one POV-to-VRML scene that had 19 different "stations" that
would
> have been pitifully slow (if not completely useless) if it was modeled in
> VRML with the same quality of shape, texture & lighting.
>
> - Tony
>
> "C_HARMAN" <C_H### [at] tinyworldcouk> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,
> > Just one question: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to export a
> > Pov-Ray scene to VRML?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Caroline

Post a reply to this message

If the messages aren't available to you, I can post the information on a
website (time permitting).

> Hi, Tony,
>
> I have been looking for the thread you mentioned, but I can't find it.
> Could you give me some more detail?(Header, where, when etc.), because I
am
> really interested.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Caroline.
>
> TonyV <tjv### [at] altavistacom> wrote in message
> > Look in povray.binaries.images
> >
> > I posted a thread some time ago regarding Povray to VRML that might be
of
> > interest.  It won't create a world that you can walk through exactly -
> more

> axis.
> >
> > With this method, you could  create portals from one point to another
> within
> > your pov-generated scene to allow more freedom of movement.  Best of
all,
> > you get to keep all of your pov textures, radiosity & even ISO-stuff!
> >
> > I've done one POV-to-VRML scene that had 19 different "stations" that
> would
> > have been pitifully slow (if not completely useless) if it was modeled
in
> > VRML with the same quality of shape, texture & lighting.
> >
> > - Tony
> >
> > "C_HARMAN" <C_H### [at] tinyworldcouk> wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > Just one question: Does anyone know if it is at all possible to export
> > > Pov-Ray scene to VRML?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Caroline

Post a reply to this message