POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Realistic landscape Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic landscape (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John Bauman
Subject: Realistic landscape
Date: 15 Aug 1999 16:53:20
Message: <37b728c0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how to create a realistic landscape, with flat
plateaus(sp?)?

--
webpage: http://johntb.freeservers.com
ICQ:20886467 AIM:Qbwiz

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Realistic landscape
Date: 15 Aug 1999 17:12:48
Message: <37B72D4B.CEAA8096@pacbell.net>
John Bauman wrote:

> Does anyone know how to create a realistic landscape, with flat
> plateaus(sp?)?

Yes I do. You want my secret ?

Take a look at one of the most powerful landscape editors I have ever seen at:
http://www.daylongraphics.com/

There are several other programs that make height field landscape creation
easier than in Pov itself listed in my links collection. See link in my sig.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: