POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Pigment is not showing up Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Pigment is not showing up (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Pigment is not showing up
Date: 13 May 2021 18:30:33
Message: <609da889$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to multiply some pigments together and then apply them to a
heightfield. However the render is blank. Compare pigment_5 (average)
with pigment_6 (multiply). The latter is blank the former is not.

What am I doing wrong?

Render as a square image using this image as input:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heightmap.png

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'slopemap.pov.txt' (3 KB)

On 5/13/2021 6:30 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I am trying to multiply some pigments together and then apply them to a
> heightfield. However the render is blank. Compare pigment_5 (average)
> with pigment_6 (multiply). The latter is blank the former is not.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Render as a square image using this image as input:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heightmap.png

The problem seems to be the slope pattern. It does not work when used in
this manner. Other patterns are okay.

Mike

Post a reply to this message