POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : queues Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  queues (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: jr
Subject: queues
Date: 6 Nov 2018 12:55:06
Message: <web.5be1d482cfca02966427f7f90@news.povray.org>
hi,

the new in version 3.8 features have made it easier to implement some "standard"
data structures, so here's my version of a couple of queue types:
a conventional first in - first out (FIFO) type and a last in - first out
(LIFO/stack).

the 'queues.inc' file is standalone.  the usage of the macros is documented in
the 'queues.html' page.  the archive also includes two (simple) demo scenes.

feedback on both the '.inc' and the '.html' is wanted, and welcome, as are
criticisms, tips, etc to make "the package" better.

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'queues.tar.gz' (4 KB)

> the 'queues.inc' file is standalone.  the usage of the macros is documented in
> the 'queues.html' page.  the archive also includes two (simple) demo scenes.

the documentation contained a cut and paste error which made reference to an old
variable name, now corrected.  see attached.

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'queues.zip' (5 KB)

> the new in version 3.8 features have made it easier to implement some "standard"
> data structures, so here's my version of a couple of queue types:
> a conventional first in - first out (FIFO) type and a last in - first out
> (LIFO/stack).
>
> the 'queues.inc' file is standalone.  the usage of the macros is documented in
> the 'queues.html' page.  the archive also includes two (simple) demo scenes.

here's an update, to version 2.  it fixes a bug which limited a queue's max
length to one element less than requested, the 'q?Destroy' macros have been
renamed to (more accurate) 'q?Discard', a new type of queue, priority based, has
been added, the documentation has been updated, and a simple usage example
(tstqp.pov) has been added.

> feedback on both the '.inc' and the '.html' is wanted, and welcome, as are
> criticisms, tips, etc to make "the package" better.

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'queues2.tar.gz' (5 KB)

> > the new in version 3.8 features have made it easier to implement some "standard"
> > data structures, so here's my version of a couple of queue types:
> > a conventional first in - first out (FIFO) type and a last in - first out
> > (LIFO/stack).
> >
> > the 'queues.inc' file is standalone.  the usage of the macros is documented in
> > the 'queues.html' page.  the archive also includes two (simple) demo scenes.
>
> here's an update, to version 2.  it fixes a bug ...

and introduced another, as I found not long after.  </sigh>

anyway, version 3 then.  I fixed that bug, added some more functionality to the
priority queue type, amended the documentation, and the demo scene.  even
remembered that a zip is the container of choice.  :-)

> > feedback on both the '.inc' and the '.html' is wanted, and welcome, as are
> > criticisms, tips, etc to make "the package" better.

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'queues3.zip' (6 KB)