POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Holes in isosurface 2 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Holes in isosurface 2 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Holes in isosurface 2
Date: 8 Mar 2017 11:16:03
Message: <58c02e43@news.povray.org>
Same problem again. This time I used "evaluate" from the start, but it
seems not to make a difference.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cie_lchuv_color_solid_cylinder_isosurface.pov.txt' (4 KB) Download 'cie_basic_scene_settings.inc.txt' (3 KB) Download 'cie_color_conversion_formulas.inc.txt' (12 KB)

On 3/8/2017 11:16 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Same problem again. This time I used "evaluate" from the start, but it
> seems not to make a difference.
>
> Mike

Never mind. I found my original version of the script, and there was a
hack in it to make it work. I don't know why the hack works.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> On 3/8/2017 11:16 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> > Same problem again. This time I used "evaluate" from the start, but it
> > seems not to make a difference.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Never mind. I found my original version of the script, and there was a
> hack in it to make it work. I don't know why the hack works.

Ahhh. Too late, I already replied in the other message thread. Without a real
answer.

That 2nd isosurface was incredibly slow and required-- so said POV-Ray-- a
ridiculously large max_gradient.

I could only hope you or someone else might get an idea of how to change the
functions enough to fix it. If that was the cause.

Good to know you found something.

Bob