POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povengine.exene.exe Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:06:59 EDT (-0400)
  povengine.exene.exe (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Fractracer
Subject: povengine.exene.exe
Date: 7 Aug 2013 11:10:00
Message: <web.5202622e4a893f395a0d9ea80@news.povray.org>
When I rendre a scene my firewall detect that povengine.exene.exe will connect
to the internet.
Can somebody explain to me why povengine want to connect to the internet?

Post a reply to this message

Le 07/08/2013 17:05, Fractracer nous fit lire :
> When I rendre a scene my firewall detect that povengine.exene.exe will connect
> to the internet.
> Can somebody explain to me why povengine want to connect to the internet?

IIRC, there is an "check for update" option in the window software.
It's in Options, Update Checks...

Did you keep the default ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Fractracer
Date: 7 Aug 2013 12:25:00
Message: <web.520273bb5b1b7775a0d9ea80@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 07/08/2013 17:05, Fractracer nous fit lire :
> > When I rendre a scene my firewall detect that povengine.exene.exe will connect
> > to the internet.
> > Can somebody explain to me why povengine want to connect to the internet?
> >

> IIRC, there is an "check for update" option in the window software.
> It's in Options, Update Checks...
>
> Did you keep the default ?

Ok, thank you.
I just change my firewall and before this MS firewall had never signal me that
pov-ray want to connect.