POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Musgrave's Ridged Multifractal Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Musgrave's Ridged Multifractal (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: xoxos
Subject: Musgrave's Ridged Multifractal
Date: 8 Apr 2012 23:50:00
Message: <web.4f825bc662df802cf81e57da0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm attempting to implement the subject in my own Perlin noise algorithm. The
few pages that discuss it reference an outdated page by the author.

An example script is available but it is very different from my programming
style and I'm not able to make much sense of it.

I am aware that it is some adaptation of Perlin's 'turbulence'
(rectifying/taking the absolute value of the interpolated sample and inverting
it to make pointy waves...) and that somehow the unrectified sample is used to
then modify the output.

Is anyone able to give me a brief english summary of the process? :)

Thanks in advance,
xoxos

Post a reply to this message