POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:57:24 EDT (-0400)
  qtpov (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: qtpov 0.2
Date: 13 Dec 2017 22:17:03
Message: <5a31ed2f$1@news.povray.org>
qtpov-0.2
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/

Finish Find / Find in Files / Replace.
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/find/

Adds a bookmark system.
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/bookmarks/

Configurable shortcuts/hotkeys.
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/configure/keys.php

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 13 Dec 2017 22:20:25
Message: <5a31edf9$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/13/2017 10:17 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> qtpov-0.2

I like this picture
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/g/qtpovRenderViewUndocked.png

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 14 Dec 2017 01:19:38
Message: <5a3217fa$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.12.2017 um 04:17 schrieb dick balaska:

> Adds a bookmark system.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/bookmarks/

Bookmarks are cool.
Do they stick around when you close and re-open a file?

> Configurable shortcuts/hotkeys.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/configure/keys.php

While configurable keys are good, the example you're showing already
highlights the drawbacks of the approach you (and too many other pieces
of software) are using: Why force users to choose between F3 and Ctrl+K
for the "Move to next find" function, when you could assign the function
to /both/ keys?

(And no, computer games' half-assed approach of providing /two/ key
bindings per function doesn't nail it. I'd love to see a genuine 1:N
mapping, as supported e.g. by Microsoft Word. Don't tell me Microsoft
can create better UIs than you ;))

Post a reply to this message