POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where in the code does the output file get written? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:58:19 EDT (-0400)
  Where in the code does the output file get written? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: scott
Subject: Where in the code does the output file get written?
Date: 31 Jul 2013 03:46:17
Message: <51f8c0c9$1@news.povray.org>
Been looking for 20 mins now through the source and can't find it! What
I want to do is modify the output filename to attach the current date
and time automatically. This way whilst I'm developing a scene it will
automatically keep all test renders.

Post a reply to this message

> Been looking for 20 mins now through the source and can't find it!

That would be the file-format-specific code in source/base/image, such
as png.cpp, jpeg.cpp, openexr.cpp, etc. (more precisely, the Write()
functions defined therein...

> What
> I want to do is modify the output filename to attach the current date
> and time automatically. This way whilst I'm developing a scene it will
> automatically keep all test renders.

... but what you're probably /really/ looking for is the place where the
output file /name/ is determined. That would be
ImageProcessing::GetOutputFilename() in source/backend/imageprocessing.cpp.

Post a reply to this message

>> I want to do is modify the output filename to attach the current date
>> and time automatically. This way whilst I'm developing a scene it will
>> automatically keep all test renders.
>
> ... but what you're probably /really/ looking for is the place where the
> output file /name/ is determined. That would be
> ImageProcessing::GetOutputFilename() in source/backend/imageprocessing.cpp.

Perfect thanks (although it was in frontend not backend).