POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Implementing a new pigment Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:42:40 EDT (-0400)
  Implementing a new pigment (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: SharkD
Subject: Re: Implementing a new pigment
Date: 13 Jan 2009 04:35:00
Message: <web.496c5fa5f92217f88f00350@news.povray.org>
"Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Sorry, that is what I meant, object pattern.  Since you could use a full pigment
> for list item A and B, you could, in theory, make it do whatever you need,
> including use the colors from the SVG.
>
> I did mean parsing from SDL, I only recommended it because I don't know what
> other languages you know.  That being said, an SVG reading script would be very
> nice for your purposes and others, if you add it to the library.  I know this
> came up before when someone was using InkScape as a path editor for lathe and
> prism objects by reading the SVG file.
>
> -Reactor

I would be very interested in such a macro or tool.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 13 Jan 2009 04:45:01
Message: <web.496c6186f92217f88f00350@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I would be very interested in such a macro or tool.
>
> -Mike

In fact, it could be split up into two projects: a library of primitives/macros
that provide the same functionality as SVG, and a converter to convert between
the formats.

I would be willing to give it a go if you guys would be willing to get the ball
rolling by doing some brainstorming on how to create the primitives.

-Mike