POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : PGM (P2) not read according to specs Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:57:04 EDT (-0400)
  PGM (P2) not read according to specs (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Philipp
Subject: PGM (P2) not read according to specs
Date: 14 Mar 2007 11:10:55
Message: <45f81e8f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello
In PovRay 3.6.1c.icl8.win32 a well formed PGM format (according to specs
at http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html) brings up "Parse Error:
Cannot read image data from PGM file"

File giving error is:
P2
147 148 150 153 153
153 151 130 110 146
155 113 121 131 145
149 159 160 158 150

Notice that between the height value (4) and the MaxVal (170) there is a
space and not a newline. If you replace by a newline it works.
The specs say that this should be a "Whitespace". I guess that this
means  (blanks, TABs, CRs, LFs). So blank should work.

Hope this helps. Best regards

Phil

Post a reply to this message

> In PovRay 3.6.1c.icl8.win32 a well formed PGM format (according to specs
> at http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html) brings up "Parse Error:
> Cannot read image data from PGM file"
>
> File giving error is:
> P2
> 147 148 150 153 153
> 153 151 130 110 146
> 155 113 121 131 145
> 149 159 160 158 150
>

> Notice that between the height value (4) and the MaxVal (170) there is a
> space and not a newline. If you replace by a newline it works.
> The specs say that this should be a "Whitespace". I guess that this
> means  (blanks, TABs, CRs, LFs). So blank should work.
>
> Hope this helps. Best regards
>
> Phil

Sorry. Wrong forum.
Has been posted to p.bugreports