POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: Changes to light_group behavior Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:54:11 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: Changes to light_group behavior (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Reactor
Subject: Feature Request: Changes to light_group behavior
Date: 20 Jan 2010 19:20:00
Message: <web.4b579cd5ec2dd2922d26ce40@news.povray.org>
I  have noticed that the light_group has an odd inconsistency:  Lights within a
light_group properly light objects within a light group without lighting other
objects.  However, lights within a light group are always shadowed by objects
(that cast shadows).  Objects seem to cast shadows for all lights, even if the
light is inside of a light_group that the object does not belong to.

I think that, in addition to the existing global_lights on/off option, there
should be a global_shadows on/off option, or some other method of specifying
whether or not light_sources in a light_group "ignore" objects outside of the
group (i.e. pass through without being shadowed).

-Reactor