POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New feature Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:52:56 EDT (-0400)
  New feature (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: JayWiz
Subject: New feature
Date: 29 Jan 2009 22:20:00
Message: <web.4982712437782a63818a99850@news.povray.org>
I use PovRay at work to do 3D views of new window products. It is a real pain to
first create the shape in AutoCAD, extrude it, save it as 3DS, convert to mesh2,
then render. Is there some way we could have a prism type that would allow
curves instead of straight lines?. I know all about the other line types, but
frankly they are cumbersome. Ideally I would like to reads in the DXF polyline
and then use it in a prism.

The rendering I have done have been impressive to the architects and owners and
they all ask if I used AutoCAD...no, I say, I use POVRay!

Jay

Post a reply to this message