POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: single warp block, sub-items in brackets Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:39:45 EDT (-0400)
  Request: single warp block, sub-items in brackets (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: SharkD
Subject: Request: single warp block, sub-items in brackets
Date: 14 Jul 2008 00:55:00
Message: <web.487adaf855c51049302c26d00@news.povray.org>
I haven't used warps extensively, but it occurred to me that it might be better
if a single block were used for warps, and each type of warp were enclosed in
brackets, instead of the current method where if you want to attach multiple
warps to a single pattern, you have to use several warp blocks.

For instance:

warp
{
 turbulence
 {
  1/8
  lambda  3
  octaves  20
  omega  y
 }
 black_hole
 {
  <0,0,1,>,
  1/2
  falloff  3/6
  strength 3/6
  inverse
 }
}

Of course, I haven't used warps extensively. There are probably lots of good
reasons not to do this. Can anyone explain please what the pros and cons of the
current method are?

-Mike