POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature request: History of recent command-line parameters Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: History of recent command-line parameters (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SharkD
Subject: Feature request: History of recent command-line parameters
Date: 29 Jun 2008 21:00:01
Message: <web.48682f4336bf6cf9feb17ab00@news.povray.org>
I would like to request the input field for command-line parameters have a
drop-down capability like a Web browser's address bar, allowing one to select
from a list of recently typed command-line sequences.

As things are now, when switching repeatedly between animations or stills I have
to keep a written copy handy and copy/paste each time I want to make changes.
When changing the clock value it's easy to produce typos. Also, the
documentation for the command-line is hard to track down in the manual. When
looking it up in the index it only takes you to a brief overview instead of the
section, "3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables".

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to request the input field for command-line parameters have a
> drop-down capability like a Web browser's address bar, allowing one to select
> from a list of recently typed command-line sequences.
>
> As things are now, when switching repeatedly between animations or stills I have
> to keep a written copy handy and copy/paste each time I want to make changes.
> When changing the clock value it's easy to produce typos. Also, the
> documentation for the command-line is hard to track down in the manual. When
> looking it up in the index it only takes you to a brief overview instead of the
> section, "3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables".
>
> -Mike

This is really more appropriate for the Windows group than the POV4 group.

POV-Ray itself is (mostly) OS agnostic.  What you're describing is a
feature of the Windows version, which has a built-in GUI.  POV itself
doesn't care about the GUI, as you might notice if you try the versions
built for other OSs.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
> > I would like to request the input field for command-line parameters have a
> > drop-down capability like a Web browser's address bar, allowing one to select
> > from a list of recently typed command-line sequences.
> >
> > As things are now, when switching repeatedly between animations or stills I have
> > to keep a written copy handy and copy/paste each time I want to make changes.
> > When changing the clock value it's easy to produce typos. Also, the
> > documentation for the command-line is hard to track down in the manual. When
> > looking it up in the index it only takes you to a brief overview instead of the
> > section, "3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables".
> >
> > -Mike
> >

> This is really more appropriate for the Windows group than the POV4 group.
>
> POV-Ray itself is (mostly) OS agnostic.  What you're describing is a
> feature of the Windows version, which has a built-in GUI.  POV itself
> doesn't care about the GUI, as you might notice if you try the versions
> built for other OSs.
>
> ...Chambers

Ummm... I made another post about SDL changes and received a reply that implied
this was the wrong category to post them in. What, then, is exactly the proper
category to post in this group?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message