POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : spherical Heightfields Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  spherical Heightfields (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: spherical Heightfields
Date: 20 Jan 2011 04:35:26
Message: <op.vploxbagufxv4h@go-dynamite>
I think we need to have a spherical option for heightfields.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: spherical Heightfields
Date: 20 Jan 2011 10:49:12
Message: <4d385978@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I think we need to have a spherical option for heightfields.

  And the advantage compared to that include file that does exactly that
is... what exactly?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 20 Jan 2011 13:30:58
Message: <op.vpmdpskyufxv4h@xena>
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:49:12 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I think we need to have a spherical option for heightfields.
>
>   And the advantage compared to that include file that does exactly that
> is... what exactly?

oops. I guess I have to go through the docs again...

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

On 01/20/2011 02:30 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:49:12 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>> Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>> I think we need to have a spherical option for heightfields.
>>
>>   And the advantage compared to that include file that does exactly that
>> is... what exactly?
>>

> oops. I guess I have to go through the docs again...

this should get you started:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.3#The_HF_Macros

Post a reply to this message

> Nekar Xenos<nek### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> I think we need to have a spherical option for heightfields.
>
>    And the advantage compared to that include file that does exactly that
> is... what exactly?

parsing speed, although the way to fix that is indeed not by adding more
hardcoded features, but by making the parser (a lot) faster.