POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Next Generation SDL, once again Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Next Generation SDL, once again (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: clipka
Subject: Next Generation SDL, once again
Date: 15 Oct 2009 07:35:08
Message: <4ad708ec$1@news.povray.org>
I'm just reading an article about the Scala programming language - from
my first impression it has some traits that might make it an interesting
candidate for a next generation SDL for POV-Ray.

The language is based on a Virtual Machine (the Java VM, to be precise),
and appears to support both object-oriented and functional paradigms.

Just a quick thought thogh; I'll have a closer look at it soon.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm just reading an article about the Scala programming language - f
rom my first impression it has some traits that might make it an inter
esting candidate for a next generation SDL for POV-Ray.

> The language is based on a Virtual Machine (the Java VM, to be preci
se), and appears to support both object-oriented and functional paradi
gms.

> Just a quick thought thogh; I'll have a closer look at it soon.

Hi

do you mean the article about scala at the german c't (21)?
Some interesting concepts in view of a programmer.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Oct 2009 12:03:02
Message: <4ad747b6$1@news.povray.org>
Zan Trajkov schrieb:

>> I'm just reading an article about the Scala programming language
>
> do you mean the article about scala at the german c't (21)?
> Some interesting concepts in view of a programmer.

Exactly that one.

Post a reply to this message

From: Woody
Date: 20 Jun 2010 15:10:00
Message: <web.4c1e670b53cf5cef57c2b4260@news.povray.org>
> I'm just reading an article about the Scala programming language - from
> my first impression it has some traits that might make it an interesting
> candidate for a next generation SDL for POV-Ray.
>
> The language is based on a Virtual Machine (the Java VM, to be precise),
> and appears to support both object-oriented and functional paradigms.
>
> Just a quick thought thogh; I'll have a closer look at it soon.

Processing (www.processing.org) is another Java variant that is heavily used by
beginning programmers but highly extensible for advanced programmers.