POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No POVing (again) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:39:45 EDT (-0400)
  No POVing (again) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: No POVing (again)
Date: 21 Nov 2019 10:25:01
Message: <web.5dd6ab07c828648393ab27150@news.povray.org>
I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.

I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.

If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
new computer.  (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.

It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
 I hope I remember how.

Post a reply to this message

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
>
> I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
> renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.
>
> If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
> new computer.

ouch.  commiserations.  and fingers crossed it'll be handed in.

> (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
> it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.
>
> It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
>  I hope I remember how.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Op 21/11/2019 om 16:19 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> I left my computer on a boat.  They're still looking for it.
>
> I had bought a travel Chromebook, but it disappeared sometime during home
> renovations.  Hence, I traveled with my laptop.  And I'm a scatterbrain.
>
> If the computer doesn't turn up by the middle of December, I will have to buy a
> new computer.  (And also change all my passwords; I don't know how easy or hard
> it is to hack Firefox's password list.)  In the meantime, my funds are low.
>
> It's been more than 6 years since I had to restore a whole computer from backup.
>   I hope I remember how.

Ouch! You have indeed my sympathy. Sounds like something that could have
happened to me in the past epoch of travels...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message