POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another rendering / visualization option (for coders) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Another rendering / visualization option (for coders) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Shay
Subject: Another rendering / visualization option (for coders)
Date: 9 Oct 2019 10:30:01
Message: <web.5d9dedce79e83aa61f8552430@news.povray.org>
I've been experimenting with this recently as an alternative to Visio,
matplotlib, etc. Haven't gotten around to any art yet, but it'll get there.

There are libraries to make this "easier" of course, but IME they don't. With
just a tiny bit of help, XML is easy to write directly.

https://shayallenhill.com/2019/10/09/svg-with-css-in-python/

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> I've been experimenting with this recently as an alternative to Visio,
> matplotlib, etc. Haven't gotten around to any art yet, but it'll get there.
>
> There are libraries to make this "easier" of course, but IME they don't. With
> just a tiny bit of help, XML is easy to write directly.
>
> https://shayallenhill.com/2019/10/09/svg-with-css-in-python/
>
>  -Shay

By request, I have expanded this concept into a Python module. Example animation
toward the bottom of the page. Let's see if it works here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'animation_1_000.gif' (1896 KB)

Preview of image 'animation_1_000.gif'
animation_1_000.gif