POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux Office Suite Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Office Suite (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Linux Office Suite
Date: 4 Sep 2019 20:35:00
Message: <web.5d705783d15a26584eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in development, last
time I checked.

But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out something
besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:

https://www.calligra.org/

Post a reply to this message

> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in development, last
> time I checked.
>
> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out something
> besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
> https://www.calligra.org/

there's also https://inkscape.org/

(disclaimer - haven't used it)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 05:18:54 -0400, jr wrote:

> hi,

>> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
>> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in
>> development, last time I checked.
>>
>> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out
>> something besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
>> https://www.calligra.org/
>
> there's also https://inkscape.org/
>
> (disclaimer - haven't used it)
>

> regards, jr.

Inkscape is pretty good, but not quite like Visio (unless they've changed
it recently, I suppose)

> On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 05:18:54 -0400, jr wrote:
> > "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> >> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
> >> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in
> >> development, last time I checked.
> >>
> >> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out
> >> something besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
> >> https://www.calligra.org/
> >
> > there's also https://inkscape.org/
> > (disclaimer - haven't used it)
>
> Inkscape is pretty good, but not quite like Visio (unless they've changed
> it recently, I suppose)

ok, thanks for clarifying.

meanwhile I remembered that ddd ('data display debugger') comes with 'vsl', a
language that is used to create the displays; see 'ddd-themes.pdf' for
documentation.  again "not quite like", and requires manual install of the 'vsl'
executable, but hey..  :-)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.

no gui but very usefull for diagramms, http://plantuml.com/index

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

>> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
>>

> no gui but very usefull for diagramms, http://plantuml.com/index

Too fast, with GUI http://dia-installer.de/

Ingo