POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : do or die Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  do or die (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: do or die
Date: 17 Jan 2020 23:51:00
Message: <5e228eb4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 1/14/20 8:50 AM, also sprach jr:

There is a law that you can't just say [Shakespeare]
You have to say
[Shakespeare - Henry VIII Act 4 Scene 2]

;)

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Jan 2020 05:19:34
Message: <5e22dbb6$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/01/2020 04:51, Dick Balaska wrote:
> Am 1/14/20 8:50 AM, also sprach jr:
>
> There is a law that you can't just say [Shakespeare]
> You have to say
> [Shakespeare - Henry VIII Act 4 Scene 2]

That is very true. :)
I'm impressed that you looked it up. Another apt quote from the same
speech would be:
He was a man of an unbounded stomach, ever ranking Himself with princes;
one that, by suggestion, tied all the kingdom*: simony was fair-play;
His own opinion was his law: i' the presence He would say untruths; and
be ever double Both in his words and meaning: he was never, But where he
meant to ruin, pitiful:

* The king (Queen)

Henry VIII, not one of his better plays. ;)
And re-reading the quote it seems quite incomprehensible to modern ears.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 18/01/2020 04:51, Dick Balaska wrote:
> > Am 1/14/20 8:50 AM, also sprach jr:
> >
> > There is a law that you can't just say [Shakespeare]
> > You have to say
> > [Shakespeare - Henry VIII Act 4 Scene 2]

heh, <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XNbEB2aWBy6VtJjTZslN5DNBWQ0xxtXx>

;-)

> That is very true. :)
> I'm impressed that you looked it up. Another apt quote from the same
> speech would be:
> He was a man of an unbounded stomach, ever ranking Himself with princes;

"de Pfeffel"
 ^^

aka "The Perineum".  :-)

> Henry VIII, not one of his better plays. ;)

take your word for it.

regards, jr.