POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :| Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :| (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :|
Date: 11 Oct 2018 19:55:00
Message: <web.5bbfe1deeb158c9458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/multiple-cities-threaten-jail-time-and-fines-for-kids-over-12-who-go-trick-or-treatin
g/

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :|
Date: 13 Oct 2018 12:35:06
Message: <web.5bc21e8ab72480d543b397d0@news.povray.org>

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/multiple-cities-threaten-jail-time-and-fines-for-kids-over-12-who-go-trick-or-treat
in
> g/

:-O  What the...???  That's definitely news to me. But somehow, it just doesn't
surprise me. This IS Virginia, after all-- one of the most conservative states
in the conservative South. Seems that local lawmakers have nothing better to do
than to criminalize FUN. My own city of Virginia Beach has a boardwalk on the
Atlantic Ocean, where tourists come for seasonal fun (WHY they bother to, I
don't know-- but I digress.) There are signs everywhere on the boardwalk for
beachgoers, with a long LIST of things that are forbidden-- frisbee playing,
thong bathing suits on women, etc etc etc. If any couple attempted to actually
KISS on the beach, they would probably be sentenced to 30 years in a federal
penitentiary :-P

The story mentions the city of Chesapeake; my slightly younger sister lives
there. I need to warn her!!!!

I just LOVE it when the press calls out such draconian local laws; the more
embarassment for the politicians, the better :-)

Thanks for the important update! But now, my trick-or-treat plans have been
dashed :-(

Post a reply to this message